Thursday, December 9, 2010

ePost Vault

I had an idea a couple of years ago when I was working with the comfy green FI. At the time, the idea seemed kind of out there - so imagine my gratified surprise when I see it come to life as none other than Canada Post's ePost vault. Per the marketing message I got from Canada Post, this interesting online solution "is a secure online environment where you can upload, store and share important documents and media - such as wills, warranties, medical documents, or even treasured photos". Love it. Mind you, I'd have loved it even more if it had stayed sitting nicely on the product roadmap that I'd devised, but its still nice to see a vision come to life, even if I didn't bring it there. Way to go Canada Post!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this idea's been around for many, many years, and others had it long before you did.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

No bubble burst here Anonymous. I meant "mine" in that it wasn't being done in the Canadian Financial Services sector. And only a handful of companies were advertising a similar service at the time, although now its pretty much ubiquitous. Thanks for your comment.

Anonymous said...

Do you think that Canada Post will be able to offer a better Vault than the others?

async8 said...

re "will Canada Post be able to offer a better vault"... . They've got a virtual monopoly and a bigger budget than Guyana, and they still don't have something worth squat - so I'm kinda leaning in the "not freaking likely" direction.