Thursday, March 3, 2011

BBM (Status Message) Haiku

I thought I'd create a new form of poetry specific to the Blackberry. I call it the BBM Haiku.
Its not to be confused with the BBM Haiku contests run by sites such as Crackberry, where you win a Blackberry for writing a Haiku about your 'Berry.
The BBM Haiku will be a art form structured around the Blackberry Messenger Status message.

The rules will be as follows:
  • No more than 64 characters long, including spaces (yes, I know, its kind of obvious).
  • 12 syllables, regardless of the number of words. (approximately equal to the 17 "on" in traditional Haiku).
  • 3 phrases.
  • Can be about any topic.

  • That's it! And yes, I know that makes it not a Haiku, but my creativity fell a little short of a more creative or fitting name. I'm open to other options.

    Here's my first attempt:
    Cold touch. Phone changes hands. Modern Intimacy.

    What do you think (about the idea, that is, not the attempt)?

    No comments: