Thursday, November 30, 2006

Bank Earnings - Take 2

So I'm browsing through the cookie aisle at Longo's today, trying to find the crackers (Eventually found out that crackers have their own section, apparently putting them near the frozen food section is a more logical place for them) - when someone comes up to me and asks me if I work there. I was a bit annoyed, because I certainly didn't think I was dressed like a Longo's employee (not to disparage longo's employees, but they don't generally walk around in dress shirts and ties)... I wonder if the same question would have been asked of me had I been white and dressed the same way (the guy that asked me the question was black).

Anyhow - on to other things.
So we're right in the middle of bank earnings season. BMO, NA & RY have reported. RY reported some frigging amazing earnings. But it looks like my earlier comment was right, since even with the stellar earnings, RY tanked. Well... maybe tanked is a bit too strong of a description, but it closed down anyhow. We'll see if the trend remains flat / negative when CM, BNS & TD weigh in. Meanwhile, my interest has been kinda piqued by OSK-N, especially since I decided it was time to get out of ECA after a nice little run up in the price. The price seems reasonable (seems to be some pricing pressure due to the JLG acquisition, as well as some pissed off employee in finance who did bad things). We'll see...

No comments: