Tuesday, November 21, 2006

OJ Loses Book Deal

What's the big deal about this book. So what if OJ did it? There is such a sense of injustice and outright anger (in white America, it seems to me) over the fact that one could even consider publishing a book by such a deviant. Black America appears to continue to celebrate the fact that one of their own was acquitted of a crime that a white guy of his status would never have gotten convicted of. Its understandable, I mean, have you seen the incarceration rates for blacks vs whites? I don't like to get caught up in issues of race, as I think its a slippery slope (as Russel Peters says, all races are racist), but stats are stats, and the incarceration rates clearly speak to black America constantly getting the shaft when faced with similar crimes as other races.

And what's up with Kramer's tirade? I don't think I'll ever be able to watch another episode of Seinfeld again.

No comments: