Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Psalm 65

The big green bank stopped showing me love, and so I wrapped up my contract there about a month ago. Now for the average old school Jamaican living abroad, being unemployed is one of the horrifying things imaginable. So I thought it was really cute when I told my aunt Rose that I wasn't working at the moment.

Well didn't you know it, my old auntie go into crisis mode. She immediately set about putting together a prayer plan for me, assuring me that she'd pray for me every day. She then made me commit to repeating the following phrase daily - "God is my source of supply, and I am prosperous" (Psalm 65). Sadly, I have not been very diligent with repeating that phrase. Perhaps posting it hear will help to keep it top of mind.

She also made me call this toll free number - 800-669-7729 for Silent Unity so they could pray with me. Not being the most devout of Christians, I have to say I felt a bit awkward doing this, and had I had the foresight to Google the term first, I would have found the website and made my prayer request that way. I'm sure Aunt Rose would have been content with me doing an online prayer rather than a phone-based one.

Anyhow, I've now learnt and experienced something new, there really is such a thing as a prayer line. Who would have thought...

No comments: