Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Business Ideas

Had lunch with CF at Il Fornello's on King St. today. She's such a nice lady, if only she didn't spit when she talked. I'm sure I wound up consuming a little something extra in both my lunch & my water. Oh well, take the good with the bad, I guess.

Anyhow, she is such a great source of info. For example, today she told me all about the difference between DB & DC pension plans, and why DC plans are bad. Great info to know before you jump ship for another company which offers you a better base but crappy pension.

So for a while I've been mulling over the idea of starting an online diary / journal site as a business, supported by ad revenue - replacing private paper diaries. I thought it was a great idea, and figured no one was really doing this. I figured all the hype was on blogs, & blogs alone. Imagine my surprise when I did a Yahoo search & found a whack of online diary sites! I shouldn't have been surprised, you say? Well, you're probably right, but I was anyhow. Now I'm back to square one for business ideas.

Some of the stuff I've thought about includes a targeted blog / diary site for people of caribbean / african descent, a general diary site (which I'll now have to strike off my list of ideas) , home video editing, business consulting, and a black history research site... I'll mull the idea over some more... See where I net out...

No comments: