Thursday, March 9, 2006

Rough day @ the office


Had a really shitty day at work. DC chewed me out in front of one of our project teams, including one of my employees. Now I don't mind getting ragged on when I deserve it, but this guy just seems to look for chances to make people feel as small as possible. He's such a fucking moron. Anyhow, it inspired me to come home and job hunt.

Key to success "know thyself". So here's another shot at figuring myself out.

How well do I know myself? Hmmm... Not that well I don't think... Let's see. I am creative to some degree... Totally bipolar - Ranging from really hyper to totally boring, with a subdued sneaky sense of humour in between... I'm a bad communicator - but well spoken. How's that for a shitty combination. I come across as arrogant when I'm speaking to people - but don't mean to be. I've tried hard to change this but so far I've only succeeded in becoming paranoid whenever I talk to anyone! (and the last think I need is to be MORE paranoid!). That's another character trait, by the way. I have a tough time pulling my head out of the day to day to allow me to focus on strategy, but I think I'm decent at that. Decent presenter, except for that arrogance thing when I speak. Very motivated. Assertive (sometimes to a fault). A bit of a propeller head, with a strong understanding of technology - but able to dumb it down. Great with delivering web based functionality (need some work on the web marketing concepts, practices and programs though). Fairly flexible / adaptable. Pretty independent (to a fault sometimes!).

Anyhow, enough of that. See those two little angels in this post? They make all of the crap worthwhile.

No comments: