Thursday, March 29, 2007

Business Idea

I've thought about launching an online retail (etailing) business for some time. I've had a number of different ideas. Here are a few.

1. A premium site dedicated to selling high end chess sets, and variations of chess (e.g. the Japanese game of Go, Chinese chess, Korean chess, etc.) sourced from around the world, organized by country of origin. I was ridiculed for this idea, with detractors saying it would never work. Well lo and behold, there are tons of sites on the web that sell nothing but chess sets. I still like the idea, though, and may still do this.

2. A premium site dedicated to selling art (canvas, sculpture, carvings), ethnic delicacies, and novelty items from around the world. I'd differentiate the site through service, quality of product, and by providing information about the cultures of each country, the character of the land, and the symbolism of each product, to help people gain better perspective behind what they are buying.

3. A robust version of blackpages.com for the Canadian space.

For now I will focus on another opportunity though, but may come back to one of these in some way.

No comments: