Monday, March 26, 2007

Starbucks Cookies, ECA and the 407 ETR

This paragraph is a 407 ETR rant. If not interested, please skip to paragraph 2. Just got off the phone with Christine from the 407. I can't remember having worse multiple customer service experiences than I have with this one. I swear, they must hire based on incompetence. I can see the job requirements now: "Are you useless, conceited, and looking for a job where the ultimate in job satisfaction is how many customers you can piss off in a day? Have you been turned down by other call centre hiring managers? Well, do we have the job for you...". . That's the trouble when dealing with virtual monopolies. Serves me right for always being in a hurry.

Did you know Starbucks chocolate cookies have 450 Calories? Although if you were insane enough to shell out $2.50 or so for a single cookie, then maybe the calories wouldn't really be a deterrent...

Sold 500 shares of ECA today. I like the long term prospects of the stock, but feel that the recent run up is unwarranted, and that there will likely be a pullback in the stock within the next couple of weeks. I will likely pick up BNS in the interim.

No comments: